Comparing Monolithic, SOA, & Microservice Architectures
Microservices in Containers: Risks & Mitigations
Microservices & Containers Fundamentals
Self-paced course. Learn the history, evolution, and underlying technologies of microservices and containers, key adjacent architectures, and security challenges and mitigation strategies for deploying applications in containers.
This self-paced course provides learners with an introduction to microservices and containers, covering foundational topics like microservices and containers’ history, main definitions, as well as key adjacent software models such as monoliths and SOA. Additionally, this course covers the security challenges and mitigations related to deploying microservices in containers. Diagrams, explanations, and references are provided to facilitate the learning process.
After completing this course, learners will be able to:
- Explain the history and evolution of microservices and containers
- Distinguish between microservice, monolith, and SOA software models
- Describe the role of containers and their underlying technologies
- Explain the security challenges and mitigation strategies associated with microservices and containers
This course is a great fit for anyone in the following roles:
- C-Suite (CEO, CTO, CISO, CIO)
- Managers and Decision Makers
- Cybersecurity Analysts
- Security Engineers and Architects
- Enterprise Architects
- Security Administrators
- Compliance Managers
- Systems Engineers
This course will take about an hour to complete. After completion, you will receive a certificate for 1 course hour that may be submitted for possible CPE credits.