History, Definitions, & Components
Common Cloud KMS Patterns
Cloud KMS Selection Considerations
Cloud KMS Planning
Cloud Key Management Foundations
Self-paced course. Learn the history, definitions, components, key features, main technologies, and service patterns of cloud key management, as well as considerations for key management system selection and planning.
This self-paced course provides an introduction to cloud key management. It covers foundational topics such as key management’s history, main definitions, and components, as well as key features that comprise today’s cloud key management solutions. Additionally, this course details considerations for key management system selection and planning. Diagrams, explanations, and references are provided to facilitate the learning process.
After completing this course, learners will be able to:
- Explain cloud KMS’ roots in traditional key management, its history, and evolution to cloud-based key management.
- Distinguish between two cloud KMS patterns: cloud KMS and cloud KMS with external key origination.
- Describe cloud KMS’ technical, operational, regulatory/legal, and financial considerations.
- Explain the cloud KMS control environment and its controls.
This course is a great fit for anyone in the following roles:
- C-Suite (CEO, CTO, CISO, CIO)
- Managers and Decision Makers
- Cybersecurity Analysts
- Security Engineers and Architects
- Enterprise Architects
- Security Administrators
- Compliance Managers
- Systems Engineers
This course will take about an hour to complete. After completion, you will receive a certificate for 1 course hour that may be submitted for possible CPE credits.